The role of a housekeeper will vary depending on the size and use of the property. But whether the setting is domestic or commercial, a great house-keeper will know how to ensure it's warm, welcoming and well-run. If you're a candidate with the relevant housekeeping skills and experience then please...
- Taking responsibility for preparing staff rotas.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the property, including hoovering, dusting, cleaning and polishing etc.
- Organising laundry, managing the client's wardrobe.
- Reporting any faults, repairs or problems to the estate manager, or where appropriate, managing these tasks.
- Ensuring the ambience of the property is maintained in accordance with the client's wishes, e.g. preparing fresh cut flowers in each room, liaising with the chef to ensure meals are cooked on time and served in the right room.
- Answering the telephone/ door.
- Ensuring pets are fed and well cared for.
Skills and attributes required:
- The ability to work discretely and to manage the client's affairs with tact and privacy.
- Honesty and trustworthiness.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Proven experience of working in a luxury hotel, residential, household or domestic setting.
- Experience undertaking a wide variety of cleaning tasks including (but not limited to) ironing, polishing, washing clothes, cleaning kitchen and bathroom appliances, hoovering, brass and wood polishing etc.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a wider estate team.