The head gardener/ groundskeeper is responsible for the gardens and landscapes of the property. Depending on the size of the estate this can include formal and informal gardens, as well as lakes, sports pitches and woods. If you're a candidate with the relevant skills and experience then...
- Maintaining the garden and landscapes to their highest standard throughout the year.
- Preparing the outdoor spaces for events, open-days, celebrations or gatherings.
- Upkeep of lawns, paths, fences and garden structures.
- Protection and management of specimen plants and trees.
- Planning and management of garden produce where there is a vegetable garden, to ensure a succession of produce.
- Close collaboration with the property owner/ manager/ housekeeper/ chef.
- Management of a gardening team.
Skills and attributes required:
- Excellent horticultural skills and knowledge, with relevant qualifications and/or proven experience in a private household or commercial property setting.
- Ability to work alone or to manage a team.
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers.
- Ability to plan and work around the estate's events and activities.
- Innovative approach to garden design and maintenance, with the ability to work with external partners to maximise the garden's potential.