The role of an estate manager can vary greatly depending on the size of the property. Where the property has extensive grounds and buildings the estate manager is responsible for the overall running of the property. If you're looking for an Estate Manager role then please...
Estate Managers will be expected to:
- Work in close partnership with the estate owner to deliver the owner's vision for the property.
- Be responsible for the general upkeep of the buildings and grounds, including security.
- Manage any livestock or agricultural activities, or work in partnership with an employee/ tenant responsible for livestock.
- Manage staff, including hiring and vetting contractors as well as estate staff.
- Oversee budgets, events and administration to ensure the success and smooth running of the estate.
- Manage land usage and where necessary organise and oversee shooting parties.
- Work in partnership with external bodies, e.g. Defra.
- Live on site or near to the property.
Skills and attributes required:
- Considerable experience in the private household sector working with individuals or families or working within the luxury hotel/ hospitality industry.
- High level of education to at least degree standard / or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of technology and communication platforms.
- Experience in the service sector.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead, innovate, negotiate, problem solve and manage people from a range of backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills - additional language skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of culture, etiquette and event management.